AJU College faculty and staff are committed to providing
students with an education that prepares them for citizenship,
leadership within their respective communities, and a career path.
In order to meet student and family expectations, as well as industry demand, we have created the Industry Partners Program. Parts of the program are individuals and organizations that provide professional advice to students in the following majors:
- Business (e.g., Management, Marketing)
- Jewish Studies (e.g., Education, Jewish Communal Services)
- Literature, Communication and Media (e.g., Advertising, Public Relations, Publishing)
- Bioethics and Natural Science (e.g., Research, Clinical Medicine)
- Political Science (e.g., Community Activism, Law, Political Campaigning)
- Psychology (e.g., Mental Health Counseling, Organizational Behavior, Research)
- Meet with a class or group of students each semester to discuss the latest trends in the professional field
- Assist the Director of Academic Support and Career Services in locating internship placements for students
- Offer resume critiques and informational interviews on an occasional basis
- Attend an end-of-year celebratory reception for undergraduate students where final projects are presented
AJU College Career Services include:
- Industry Speaker Panels: Professionals
across a range of professional fields and industries give students
insight into various career paths (approximately 2 per semester).
- Career Workshops: Workshops
such as Public Speaking, Job Interview Etiquette, Applying to Graduate
School, and Finding the Motivation to Succeed, are offered in
residential halls, the Berg, or in one-on-one sessions. These workshops
may also be offered upon the request of the Capstone Class
- Resume and Cover Letter Critiquing: Students receive one-on-one assistance with creating and revising documents needed to apply for job openings.
- Industry Partners Program (IPP): Connects
students with professionals in their desired fields. Professionals
provide resume critiques, career advice, and general mentorship.
- General Career Advising and Planning: Aid students with career goal setting, provide Gallup Strengths Quest
Assessment, coach students through the job search process, (Including
interview skills, and the best use of social media for job searching).