Required Application Materials:
- Completed Admission Application (Personal Statement and Essay included) Choose one:
- Official, sealed and unopened, Secondary School/High School Transcript
- Official, sealed and unopened, College/University Transcript
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or SAT score
- English translations of all academic records
- Credential Evaluation report from either of the following agencies:
- Academic Letter of Recommendation
The American Jewish University Admissions Team is here to support you through every step of the admissions process. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or call 310.440.1247.
Please request all official transcripts and letters of recommendation to be mailed to:
American Jewish University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
15600 Mulholland DriveBel Air, CA 90077
DATES & DEADLINES
SPRING 2016 (Freshman/Transfer)
Semester Begins: January 19, 2016
Regular Admission: October 31st, 2015
Rolling Admission: December 15th, 2015
FALL 2016 (Freshman/Transfer)
Semester Begins: August 29, 2016
Early Action (non-binding): November 15, 2015*
Regular Admission: February 15th, 2016
Rolling Admission: July 15th, 2016**
* Applicants using Early Action and Regular Admissions are expected to accept or decline offers of admission on or before: May 1, 2016
**Applicants using Rolling Admission are expected to accept or decline offers of admission within 30 days from the date of their Acceptance Letter.
Applications submitted after July 15, 2016 may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310.440.1247.
How we evaluate admission applications
At AJU, we review each applicant individually and not in comparison to others. Therefore, we review each candidate for indication of academic preparedness not merely from his/her transcripts but also the following:
- Personal statement/essay
- Extracurricular activities
- Community service
- Personal and professional accomplishments
- Relation and potential contribution to the AJU community
- Letters of recommendation
The average admitted Grade Point Average is a 3.0 on a 4-point scale, admission is selective and we encourage all highly interested candidates to apply.
In addition to academic accomplishment, we strongly value well rounded students with leadership potential and the desire and willingness to contribute to the AJU community.
American Jewish University is pleased to offer merit based scholarships to newly matriculated full-time undergraduate students (both freshman and transfer students). These scholarships range from $2,500 to $7,500 per year.
Full and partial Board of Directors and Presidential scholarships are available to exceptional students. To qualify for these scholarships, students must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 3.5 overall GPA
- A highly competitive SAT or ACT score
- At least two academic letters of recommendation addressing academic and leadership potential
- An essay addressing student's contribution to the AJU community as well as leadership potential within the Jewish community.